Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 29th 2010. At the beginning!


There it sits. Right out front of the house. Just waiting to go, waiting to move and start having fun with the new family that has just bought it. Yes! we are that family. It.. is a 22 foot 1991 5th wheel. After 20 years of marriage and 3 kids, John and I finally have our dream come true. We are now the proud owners of a 5th wheel. I still cant believe it. I don't think it will really hit us until we are sitting at a camp site, all set up and enjoying the great outdoors IN COMFORT!!!!! No more tent camping and sleeping either on the ground or a air mattress that somehow springs a slow leak and that by the time morning comes you are ON THE GROUND ANYWAY!



This has been something that John has talked about from the beginning of our marriage. I can remember going to RV shows and looking at all the big and wonderful RV's with all the bells and whistles. The only thing I would keep saying over and over in every RV we would go into...... " where do we put the baby?". If I would of just given in way back then, it wouldn't of taken so long to finally get our dream.



Well, we are just waiting to get the hitch installed on Monday and then its time to head over to the Intel parking lot so John, Spencer and myself can practise driving and backing up with 20 feet of trailer behind us. We have cleaned it and started packing it to be ready to leave any given notice.






So as we learn and have our adventures we will blog them here. You can see how we all deal with this new adventure and see where we go and all the fun stuff we do. I'm sure there will be a lot of humor and frustration as well. Sometimes we will be going with the kids and some times just John and I will be heading out to have some alone time.


Stay tune and watch for updates. Our first trip out in the 5th wheel will be in mid Aug. That will be our learning trip of what we forgot and what we didn't even need to begin with.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear about your new BABY!!!! I absolutely understand about tenting it and those air mattresses that transform into useless pieces of vinyl during the night. I know you and John will have a blast! Let me know when you're ready for Colorado! love ya - Kris

    ReplyDelete